March 22nd, 2014 1:30-4:30PM, Kitchener/Waterloo, ON
Get the exposure you deserve as an artist or crafter. Etsy.com is the largest e-commerce site focused solely on handmade, vintage items as well as art/craft supplies. Sellers establish their own ‘storefront’ where items are listed for a small fee. These items can include art, photography, clothing, jewelry, edibles, bath & beauty products, quilts, knick-knacks, toys and craft supplies like beads, wire, and tools. Vintage items (anything over 20 years old) is a large section.
This workshop focuses on the basics of Etsy.com giving you an overview of the nuts and bolts of setting up a storefront on this platform.
Why should you attend?
1. To discern whether an Etsy presence is worth your time and effort. Is selling online the answer for you?
2. To get the skinny on the real story. What does it really take to run a shop on Etsy?
3. Because you are intimidated by the internet.
4. Because you already have an Etsy site and have given up on it.
This could be the most important $40 / 3 hour investment you make this year as an artist / handcrafted.
This workshop will cover:
- shop name: avatar, banner
- telling your story; profile, about page, shop announcement, shop title
- the key to success; good titles, descriptions, tagging, SEO
- how to list an item
- photography: the basics of doing it well and cheaply
- the back end: shop policies, sales, stats
- getting paid
- linking your Etsy store to your own website
- the Etsy artistic community; teams, forums, treasuries, etc
Waterloo, ON (please email for location)
$40 via PayPal to email@example.com
For an extra $15 Evelyn will do a personalized Etsy shop critique if you already have a shop. Arrive early with your laptop (optional) and camera(optional).