This is a Santa Rosa Labyrinth. It is a seven circuit modified Medieval labyrinth, modelled after the 12th Century one laid in the floor of Chartres Cathedral. This one was designed in 1997 by Lea Goode-Harris. Labyrinths are used today as a meditational tool; walking to calm the spirit and seek guidance.
“The heart-space on the fourth path of the Santa Rosa Labyrinth is unique to this seven-circuit design. Approached from all four directions, this space has been the inspiration and focus for many labyrinth walks, poetry, and photos.” L. Goode-Harris.
I painted this in 1999 for a turn-of-the-century Millennium eve ceremony.
- 20 foot diameter
- Santa Rosa design, seven circuit modified Medieval labyrinth, modelled after the 12th Century Chartres Cathedral
- Weight – approx 25-30 lbs.
- plasticized white canvas with eggplant coloured lines
- walk in sock feet without shoes or barefoot
- may be used outdoors (if returned clean)
This labyrinth is for hire locally (South Western Ontario, Canada). Email to inquire about borrowing it for your next function, party or ceremony.